When working-out the Development Strategy of the Russian Union of Exhibitions and Fairs for the coming period we consolidated the proposals of RUEF Board of Directors, Committees, Executive Board and conducted a survey of RUEF members, which showed that:
• 93% are satisfied with the activity of RUEF and its Executive Board
• 60% noted that it is important for them to promote their own companies
• 80% specified the importance of getting professional information
• 97% consider business communication important.
By all accounts, our Union should develop as a trade association of organizers of trade fairs, congresses and other business and cultural events, that carry out lobbying and advocacy of common interests of national exhibition companies, promotion of their brands at the Russian and international markets, research and analysis, rendering of service to participants, introduction of advanced technologies in the practice of their work.
The key challenges that we face in terms of influence on the industry development upon the whole are:
1.To expand cooperation with federal and regional authorities, RF CCI and RSPP and their regional agencies; it is necessary in association with RF CCI to achieve acceptance and planned implementation of the Concept of Development of Exhibition and Congress Activity in the Russian Federation, to take active part in development of the Federal Law “On exhibition and congress activity in the Russian Federation”, a set of standards governing exhibition and congress activity, changes and additions to the applicable tax, customs, advertising and other kinds of legislation affecting the exhibition business.
To encourage the development of material and technical foundation of exhibition activity, especially in the regions.
2. To organize the participation of the Union in the Coordinating Councils by Ministries, analytical councils by Trade Representatives Offices, by governors; to participate in the selection of foreground exhibitions and congresses. On this basis, to make a consolidated plan of exhibitions and congresses annually.
3. To carry out work on the enhancing the Union's role in the process of holding tenders for the right to organize Russian expositions at exhibitions abroad and by making a list of events under the State support.
4. To submit offers for including in federal programs the support of exhibitions and target groups (small and medium business) as a budget item.
5. To continue improving the transparency of the Russian exhibition market: - to develop and promote our social control mechanism of exhibition events quality: RUEF and UFI Logos, exhibitions organized under the support of RF CCI and RSPP, to search other effective control mechanisms of expositions’ quality; - to develop the audit system further, All-Russian Exhibition Rating and Regional Exhibition Ratings. To prepare an estimation procedure of budgetary efficiency of exhibitions and congresses in Russia and abroad.
6. To develop and implement new technologies and developments in the exhibition industry, to improve congress activities.
On the assumption of the key tasks of the industry development, the main theses of the Recommendations of the parliamentary hearings that were held on February, 19, 2014 in the Federal Council on “Legal basis of exhibition and congress activity as a mechanism of improving competitive capability and promoting of domestic goods and services to domestic and export markets”, we define the key objectives of the Union development as following:
- Expansion of RUEF membership, geographically and by categories, including organizations involved in all stages of the process of organizing and conducting exhibitions and congresses
- Democratization of the principles of forming RUEF regulatory bodies
- Work activation in the Russian regions, focusing on formulating recommendations on venues cost efficiency
- Development of cooperation with industry associations through cooperation agreements, their RUEF membership
- Development of international cooperation, with particular emphasis on the Asia-Pacific countries and the CIS
- Establishment of training of exhibition organizers and exhibitors at all levels.